View Issue Details
|ID||Project||Category||View Status||Date Submitted||Last Update|
|0000845||Sketcher||Feature||public||2012-09-27 05:56||2020-06-14 09:39|
|Priority||normal||Severity||feature||Reproducibility||unable to reproduce|
|Target Version||0.19||Fixed in Version||0.18|
|Summary||0000845: [Sketcher] Sketcher and Transparent solids|
When I need to make sketch on a place that has some solids above sketch plane, I can not see place where I need to make sketch, together with all primitives there.
It would be nice if, when you enter sketch, all solids in document (or maybe all solids above sketch plane, and the mapped one) would have transparency set to 95%. On exit from sketch their transparency could be reverted to the one they had before opening sketch.
Is it that you would like to have a section view like this one:
or you actually want the transparency?
||@abdullah haven't heard back from OP. What are your thoughts on this going forward ?|
From a change management point of view I think:
- In FreeCAD 0.12 this was a rather serious problem, because you could not see what you were doing.
- The "only" option was to make the solids transparent yourself manually. This was cumbersome mouse slavery.
- The obvious solution is to automate that function. It is what it is requested here.
- In the meantime, DeepSOIC modified tempoVis, the object that manages changes in visualisation when entering and leaving the Sketcher, so as to allow to set a clipping plane, which generates a section.
- In my opinion, the section provides all the functionality that what is requested here would. I was trying just to see if the OP could see further.
- In my opinion, there is no need to change transparency. There may be a reason why the user wants to maintain the transparency/lack of transparency while editing. For example, he may want to see, while editing, a solid behind the current solid on which the sketch is being edited. In this example the level of transparency applied to the different objects has to be selected manually so as to see it clearly. If by entering the sketcher we automatically change the transparency, we are not helping the user, but annoying him.
For this, I would vote to close this ticket, unless we understand that there is so use case that I am missing.
||@chrisb care to weigh in ?|
||I close the ticket with solved. It is not exactly what the reporter requested but the clipping plane serves the same purpose very well.|
|2012-09-27 05:56||pperisin||New Issue|
|2014-02-04 15:39||yorik||Project||FreeCAD => Sketcher|
|2017-02-10 04:59||Kunda1||Tag Attached: transparency|
|2018-05-21 06:30||abdullah||Note Added: 0011263|
|2018-10-06 14:56||abdullah||Assigned To||=> abdullah|
|2018-10-06 14:56||abdullah||Status||new => feedback|
|2018-10-06 15:18||abdullah||Target Version||=> 0.18|
|2018-10-08 14:13||Kunda1||Note Added: 0011969|
|2018-10-17 20:31||Kunda1||Note Added: 0012053|
|2018-11-16 18:58||abdullah||Target Version||0.18 => 0.19|
|2019-04-06 18:58||Kunda1||Note Added: 0013001|
|2019-04-07 04:27||abdullah||Note Added: 0013020|
|2020-01-06 16:05||Kunda1||Note Added: 0013996|
|2020-06-14 09:39||chrisb||Status||feedback => closed|
|2020-06-14 09:39||chrisb||Resolution||open => fixed|
|2020-06-14 09:39||chrisb||Fixed in Version||=> 0.18|
|2020-06-14 09:39||chrisb||Note Added: 0014538|