View Issue Details
|ID||Project||Category||View Status||Date Submitted||Last Update|
|0004699||FreeCAD||Bug||public||2021-07-03 21:58||2021-07-03 22:02|
|Platform||Windows 10 Pro||OS||Windows 10 Version 2009||OS Version||21H1|
|Summary||0004699: ShapeBinder still touched after recompute|
|Description||if I select the ShapeBinder, and make Trace Support "true", I'll get an error message saying "<App> Document.cpp(3527): test#ShapeBinder still touched after recompute"|
|Steps To Reproduce||My goal is to create a box with protruding support for another body|
1. create a Part, and under this part, I create two padded solids: inner and outer, where the volume of inner is slightly smaller than outer
2. create hexagon body.
3. create a clone of the hexagon body. In reality, I'll have multiple bodies with the same shape and have them placed around the box.
4. while active the 'inner' body, I create a shape binder to trace the hexagon shape of the "hexagon_clone" body.
5. create a sketch within the 'inner' body, and then using the "edge linked to external geometry (X)" tool to highlight the six vertices.
6. then use the polyline to connect each vertices to create a hexagon sketch.
7. pocket this sketch with 'inner' body.
8. select both 'inner' and 'outer' bodies, then make a 'cut' in Part workbench.
I now have a box with a hexagon support for the hexagon body like so:
In step 5, if I select the ShapeBinder, and make Trace Support "true", I'll get an error message saying "<App> Document.cpp(3527): test#ShapeBinder still touched after recompute"
However, the pocket appears to work just fine:
1. if I change the size of hexagon from step 2, the pocket will change as expected.
2. if I move the hexagon_clone around, the pocket follows its X-Y coordinates as expected.
The overall behavior is what I expected to be, but there's this error message of "<App> Document.cpp(3527): test#ShapeBinder still touched after recompute" , did I do something wrong, or could this be a bug?
OS: Windows 10 Version 2009
Word size of OS: 64-bit
Word size of FreeCAD: 64-bit
Version: 0.19.24291 (Git)
Build type: Release
Python version: 3.8.6+
Qt version: 5.15.2
Coin version: 4.0.1
OCC version: 7.5.0
Locale: English/United States (en_US)