View Issue Details
|ID||Project||Category||View Status||Date Submitted||Last Update|
|0004408||FEM||Bug||public||2020-07-21 00:05||2020-07-26 21:55|
|Summary||0004408: FEM constraints not on part design workbench object when moved using placement|
|Description||The FEM constraints (only tested force and fixed) graphics do not show up in the selected location if an object created with the part workbench was moved using placement. The graphics show up in the location of the part as if it were at the global origin. Running the FEM confirms that the constraints are not on the object. It was noted by the user thschrader that this only happens in the part design workbench and not the part workbench. Moderator bernd said this is a known problem that the FEM does not play well with the part design workbench.|
Issue was posted about here: https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=48750
|Steps To Reproduce||1. Create a new file and select the part design workbench.|
2. Create a new body and a sketch on the XY plane.
3. Sketch a square that is 1in by 1in.
4. Pad the sketch 1in in +z direction.
5. Using the placement property in the model view, set y = 2.0in.
6. Open the FEM workbench and create a new analysis.
7. Add a fixed constraint to any side of the cube using Model > Mechanical Constraints > Constraint fixed.
8. Observe that the constraint graphics are not on the object, but would be if the object had not been moved from the global origin. The same issue occurs with the force constraint as well. Those are the only two constraints that were tested.
|Tags||No tags attached.|
|FreeCAD Information||OS: macOS Mojave (10.14)|
Word size of OS: 64-bit
Word size of FreeCAD: 64-bit
Version: 0.19.21938 (Git)
Build type: Release
Python version: 3.8.2
Qt version: 5.12.5
Coin version: 4.0.0
OCC version: 7.4.0
Locale: C/Default (C)