View Issue Details
|ID||Project||Category||View Status||Date Submitted||Last Update|
|0004370||Arch||Bug||public||2020-06-11 17:20||2021-02-06 06:28|
|Summary||0004370: Duplicated window object when using expression with wall width|
|Description||An Arch Window can be embedded into an Arch Wall. Normally in the tree view this relationship is shown as the Window being inside the Wall.|
If using expressions to define some properties of the Window, the Window is duplicated in the tree view, although only one Window object actually exists.
The bug may be in the base system actually, that is, in the code that handles the viewproviders or the tree view, and not in the Arch Wall or Arch Window object.
Forum thread: Bug: duplicated window object when using expression with wall width
|Steps To Reproduce||1. Click on Arch Wall, and create a wall 3 m, 3 m, and 0.2 m. The wall should be big enough to hold a standard window.|
2. Click on Arch Window, Fixed, and place it on the wall.
3. In the tree view click on the Window, go to the property editor, choose "Hole Depth", and click on the rightmost "f(x)" symbol to set an expression (expressions).
4. The expression is just the Wall's width, so enter Wall.Width in the expression field, and click OK.
5. The Window will show the blue mark indicating the need for recomputing, so recompute, F5 (Std_Refresh).
6. The Wall doesn't show a blue mark. Nevertheless, right click on it on the tree view, and then choose "Recompute object".
7. The Window will appear a second time in the tree view. There will be two windows, and both will have the blue checkmark.
|Tags||No tags attached.|
|FreeCAD Information||OS: Ubuntu 18.04.4 LTS (ubuntu:GNOME/ubuntu)|
Word size of OS: 64-bit
Word size of FreeCAD: 64-bit
Version: 0.19.21562 (Git)
Build type: Release
Python version: 3.6.9
Qt version: 5.9.5
Coin version: 4.0.0a
OCC version: 7.3.0
Locale: English/UnitedStates (en_US)