View Issue Details
|ID||Project||Category||View Status||Date Submitted||Last Update|
|0004278||Draft||Bug||public||2020-03-03 15:11||2020-03-10 22:22|
|Summary||0004278: Working Plane Proxy origin hijack nearby object|
|Description||Working Plane Proxy's origin forces nearby object movement snapped to it.|
|Steps To Reproduce||1. DraftWB, turn off snap bar|
2. create a Working Plane Proxy (WPP) object and a circle
3. move circle, the intentional destination is somewhere in WPP area, but not WPP origin
4. when cursor entering into WPP area, an "End Point" snap sign appear on cursor, and...
5. circle is snapped to the WPP origin.
|Additional Information||Forum post|
|FreeCAD Information||OS: Windows 10 (10.0)|
Word size of OS: 64-bit
Word size of FreeCAD: 64-bit
Version: 0.19.19697 (Git)
Build type: Release
Python version: 3.7.3
Qt version: 5.12.5
Coin version: 4.0.0a
OCC version: 7.3.0
Locale: Chinese/China (zh_CN)
I can also confirm this occurs.
A few notes:
- The WPP will hijack pretty much all mouse movements where you need to select a point, such as when creating an object, not just the move tool.
- It still occurs when there are more than one WPP.
- The error's snapping does not occur when the snap button "nearest" is set.
side note from something I discovered accidentally while looking into this:
If you select Draft's "select working plane button", and don't create a working plane, DraftSelectPlane.handle appears to fire every single time you click from then onwards. Doing this again, causes DraftSelectPlane.handle to fire an additional time per click.
I'm fairly certain this is totally unrelated, but I wanted to document it here anyway.
|2020-03-03 15:11||fc_tofu||New Issue|
|2020-03-03 16:21||fc_tofu||Description Updated||View Revisions|
|2020-03-08 04:00||David_D||Note Added: 0014217|
|2020-03-10 22:22||Kunda1||Status||new => confirmed|
|2020-03-10 22:22||Kunda1||Target Version||=> 0.19|
|2020-03-10 22:22||Kunda1||Tag Attached: #pending-forum|