View Issue Details
|ID||Project||Category||View Status||Date Submitted||Last Update|
|0003817||Draft||Bug||public||2019-02-05 00:40||2021-02-06 06:45|
|Summary||0003817: Draft Preferences "Always show the grid" have no effect|
|Description||From the forum discussion:|
Draft grid behaviour seems to be in independent of Preferences->Draft->Grid&snapping->"Always show the grid"
- Switch to Draft -> grid appears all by itself
- Switch to other WB -> grid stays
- Switch to and fro another time to switch it off.
I can switch the grid off completely in Preferences, but then in the rare occasions where I need it, I cannot switch it on at all.
This is what I would like to see:
- The behaviour is ok as it is if "Always show the grid" is checked.
- if it is not checked: switching to Draft will not show the grid. If the grid is switched on it can stay so even when switching WBs.
|Tags||No tags attached.|
To resume what should be done:
If Draft -> Use grid is on and always use grid is on:
- Show the grid on entering Draft, keep the grid on leaving Draft
If Draft -> Use grid is on and always use grid is off:
- Do not show the grid on entering Draft, hide the grid on leaving Draft
If Draft -> Use grid is off:
- Do not show the grid ever
||The desired behavior sounds right, but I have a question about the location of the preference. Logically, things that appear in a WB preference should only apply to that WB. So if the grid can apply to FC as a whole, then it seems like it should be in a preference for FC as a whole, not Draft. If it's in a preference for FC as a whole, and it's possible to have it off/on for particular WBs, then the preference should probably be something like "On/off in all" with a further refinement of "except" where one can check the appropriate WBs.|