View Issue Details
|ID||Project||Category||View Status||Date Submitted||Last Update|
|0003260||Path||Bug||public||2017-11-13 04:30||2017-11-26 17:40|
|Platform||Intel x86_64||OS||MacOS||OS Version||10.12.6 (16G29)|
|Target Version||0.17||Fixed in Version||0.17|
|Summary||0003260: Double Quote in tool name is not escaped in FCStd file|
|Description||I've been using 0.17 for path generation only. I repeatedly had unexpected behavior with one of the tools. I had named it '5/64" drill'. There may be more issues, but at least one is the lack of escaping of the tool name when the file is saved. The offending line in the document.xml file looks like this:|
In this experiment, I had removed the "/" character, but still had trouble saving/opening because of the double-quote '"'
The corrupted file as a result of the experiment is attached.
When opening this file, I get this error message:
This is not the only symptom...
|Steps To Reproduce||- Create a tool with a name containing a double-quote.|
- In a Job setup, add a tool controller using this tool.
- Save the file.
- Close the file
- Reopen the saved file.
- Browse to the job and and attempt to edit its tools.
|Additional Information||OS: Mac OS X|
Word size of OS: 64-bit
Word size of FreeCAD: 64-bit
Version: 0.17.12579 (Git)
Build type: Release
Branch: (HEAD detached at 03f439c)
Python version: 2.7.14
Qt version: 5.6.2
Coin version: 4.0.0a
OCC version: 7.1.0
Locale: English/UnitedStates (en_US)
DrillTest4.FCStd (27,111 bytes)
@berka thanks for the ticket. BTW, did you not see the yellow banner at the top of the tracker page about opening up a forum thread first? If not, look again.
@mlampert care to weigh in?
||Yup; saw the banner. I didn't think any pre-discussion is needed. This is a pretty clear bug, and it's on the latest 0.17. (I did search to see if it had been discussed already.)|
||@berka thanks again.|
||0003261 was a dupe of this issue|
||I'm the one that filed the duplicate issue. It looks like it presented a little differently for me, but it looks like the root cause is definitely the same. I confirmed that removing the inches " symbol from the tool name resulted in a file that saved without issue, where leaving the " in place result in a file that is corrupted when reloaded.|
@llamas, I had general "unexpected behavior" I couldn't sufficiently capture here. Once I found this cause, I dropped looking for any other cause or characterizing it more. I hope this helps.
On a lighter note, this reminds me of little Bobby Tables.
Cheers to the developers and keep up the good work!
|2017-11-13 04:30||berka||New Issue|
|2017-11-13 04:30||berka||File Added: DrillTest4.FCStd|
|2017-11-13 04:30||berka||Tag Attached: Path|
|2017-11-13 23:38||Kunda1||Note Added: 0010414|
|2017-11-14 01:20||berka||Note Added: 0010415|
|2017-11-14 08:26||Kunda1||Note Added: 0010416|
|2017-11-18 03:36||mlampert||Relationship added||has duplicate 0003261|
|2017-11-19 15:32||Kunda1||Note Added: 0010428|
|2017-11-20 13:28||wmayer||Priority||normal => high|
|2017-11-20 13:32||wmayer||Target Version||=> 0.17|
|2017-11-20 19:07||llamas||Note Added: 0010443|
|2017-11-21 01:43||Kunda1||Tag Attached: units|
|2017-11-21 01:43||Kunda1||Status||new => confirmed|
|2017-11-21 10:39||berka||Note Added: 0010450|
|2017-11-21 11:07||Kunda1||Severity||major => block|
|2017-11-26 16:03||wmayer||Project||FreeCAD => Path|
|2017-11-26 17:40||wmayer||Assigned To||=> wmayer|
|2017-11-26 17:40||wmayer||Status||confirmed => closed|
|2017-11-26 17:40||wmayer||Resolution||open => fixed|
|2017-11-26 17:40||wmayer||Fixed in Version||=> 0.17|
|2017-11-26 17:40||wmayer||Note Added: 0010474|