View Issue Details
|ID||Project||Category||View Status||Date Submitted||Last Update|
|0002862||PartDesign||Bug||public||2017-01-15 20:35||2018-08-26 15:23|
|Target Version||0.17||Fixed in Version||0.17|
|Summary||0002862: Check for shape type before using selection as base feature|
|Description||In the new PartDesign workflow, a shape can be imported as base feature into a new Body.|
But the function does not seem to check for body type. Adding a sketch to a new body makes it a base feature and prevents it from being used directly for PartDesign features and even results in a crash.
There are many ways the end user may want to import a sketch made independently from PartDesign. Selecting it then creating a new Body seems intuitive to the end user.
|Steps To Reproduce||1. Switch to the Sketcher and create a new sketch, add some geometry and close it.|
2. Switch to the PartDesign workbench
3. Select the Sketch and click on "Create new body"
4. With the Sketch still selected, click on "Pad a selected sketch"
5. A dialog opens saying "You selected geometries which are not part of the active body. Please define how to handle those selections. If you do not want those references cancel the command."
6. Choosing either "Making independent copy (recommended)" or "Make dependent copy" results in an instant crash. "Create cross-reference" succeeds.
|Additional Information||Forum discussion: http://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19878|
The crash may be a different issue.
My suggestion is the following method for importing a sketch into a new Body:
1. Select sketch
2. Create new Body
3. The "Select feature" dialog opens in the Tasks panel to select the plane to attach the sketch to.
|Tags||No tags attached.|
FC017_Sketch_as_base_feature.fcstd (9,144 bytes)
With recent changes on the body implementation it doesn't crash any more. Although it's possible now to properly add the sketch (with the property editor of the group) to the body it's still quite inconvenient.
So, we need a special treatment of the sketch when creating the body.
|2017-01-15 20:35||normandc||New Issue|
|2017-01-15 20:35||normandc||File Added: FC017_Sketch_as_base_feature.fcstd|
|2017-01-15 20:35||normandc||File Added: FC017_Select_feature_dialog.png|
|2017-03-17 18:47||Kunda1||Relationship added||related to 0002501|
|2017-06-28 23:23||Kunda1||Tag Attached: #pending|
|2017-08-23 12:15||Kunda1||Tag Attached: #post-to-forum|
|2017-09-25 09:46||wmayer||Note Added: 0010185|
|2017-09-30 09:23||wmayer||Relationship added||related to 0003202|
|2017-10-01 22:58||wmayer||Assigned To||=> wmayer|
|2017-10-01 22:58||wmayer||Status||new => closed|
|2017-10-01 22:58||wmayer||Resolution||open => fixed|
|2017-10-01 22:58||wmayer||Fixed in Version||=> 0.17|
|2017-10-01 22:58||wmayer||Note Added: 0010234|
|2018-08-26 15:23||Kunda1||Tag Detached: #pending|
|2018-08-26 15:23||Kunda1||Tag Detached: #post-to-forum|